MAC produces an occasional newsletter for prostate cancer patients and their families, with information on developments in prostate cancer care and articles on current treatments and diagnosis issues. The newsletter is posted to MAC members and issues can be downloaded from this page.
The Autumn 2012 issues has discussion and articles on:
- Fitness Decides if the over-70s get Prostate Cancer treatment
- Prospects for Patients: Helen Forristal, SVUH Cancer Nurse Co-ordinator, discusses her own approach to care for prostate cancer patients
- Plumbing Aids: the Artificial Urinary Sphincter
- Terminal Dribble: one unfortunate side-effect of surgery or radiotherapy
- The Annual ICS/MAC Prostate Cancer Conference 2012
- Erectile Dysfunction: the first part of a discussion on an issue for many prostate cancer patients.
The Winter 2012 issue focuses on:
The Spring 2013 issue looks at: